My mom always made this crazy taco dip (that I frequently make for tailgates and my sister actually made for a party last night) and by simply swapping out a few ingredients for their low fat counterpart it’s instantly a healthier option for your party snack needs. Enter….a “skinnier” version of taco dip!
Note - We typically make this in a large cookie sheet so the dip spreads out more. I find it way easier to dip my chip and get an even portion of dip with the goodies on top!
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia cream cheese (softened…NOT melted)
- 8 oz reduced fat sour cream
- 16 oz jar mild salsa (or hot if you are daring like me!)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 small cans of black olives
- I also add sliced jalapeños, but to each their own!
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and taco seasoning and mix well with an electric mixer.
- Spread on the bottom of a large shallow glass dish.
- Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese and black olives. Serve with baked tortilla chips.
Servings: 24 • Serving Size: 1/24th of dip • Old Points: 1.5 pts • Points+: 2 pts
Calories: 59.2 • Fat: 3.6 g • Protein: 2.2 g • Carb: 4.7 g • Fiber: 0.6 g