Whether you are getting ready to go meatless every Friday for the next 40 days or just looking for a lighter lunch option…you MUST try this egg salad recipe! It’s another delicious option from Weight Watchers and has a 3 PointsPlus value per serving. My mom makes the best egg salad ever but this recipe comes pretty close, best part is that it’s not jammed with the traditional glop of mayo – just a small low fat glop
Ingredients (Recipe serves 4, about 1/2 cup per serving)
- 4 large egg(s)
- 2 large egg white(s), you’ll have to boil these as whole eggs and discard the yolks
- 2 Tbsp chives, fresh, chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and pour in enough water to cover them; set pan over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 10 minutes; drain and place eggs in an ice-water bath.
- When eggs are cool enough to handle, remove shells.
- Discard yolks from two of the eggs.
- Chop remaining whole eggs and whites into bite-size pieces.
- Transfer eggs to a medium bowl. Add chives, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper; mix until blended.
- Optional: Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of ground paprika for added flavor and color.
Try measuring out your servings into small containers that way everything is already separated for meal time! I like to use the small tupperware containers (almost the size of a yogurt cup). Pair your salad with whole grain bread or a lettuce wrap!