We’re sure you’ve heard – wedding season is officially upon us! Even if you’re not a soon-to-be bride, chances are your calendar has at least one set of nuptials marked for this June, July, or August. Here at lemon and lime, we want to make sure you’re looking your best while celebrating all of that summer lovin’!
Keeping fresh and dewy (in a way that’s not just a nice way of saying sweaty and greasy!) is a lot harder once the warmer months hit. In order to help you look your best at any midsummer soiree you might be attending, we’ve picked a few beauty bag essentials that you won’t want to be without at the ceremony or the reception.
- All-In-One Color – Since you don’t want to carry around your whole makeup arsenal, all-in-one color like NARS the Multiple in Orgasm ($39), which works for lips, cheeks, and eyes, is the perfect tool for perking up your complexion while saving space.
- Oil absorbing sheets – No matter how much powder you put on, sometimes you’ve still got a mini oil slick going on. These sheets (Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets, $4.79) are fast, easy, and portable – plus they let you see what you’ve “picked up” (eww, but helpful!)
- Waterproof mascara – Whether it be from the sweat or sweet tears of joy, raccoon eyes are almost inevitable at a summer wedding. Keep that smoldering eye look in place with waterproof mascara that shouldn’t budge during the toasts or in the midday sun (CoverGirl LashBlast Waterproof Volume mascara, $5.45).
- Rollerball perfume – Breezy outdoor weddings will cause your fragrance to fade away fast, so carry an on-the-go perfume with you (like Chloé Eau de Parfum, $25). This one smells super feminine and clean.
- SPF – Obviously sun protection is essential anytime you’re out and about, but it’s even more important in the summer months. Sneak your SPF into your bag in the form of a mineral powder, like bareMinerals READY SPF 15 Touch Up Veil ($22), which will also help blot oily skin.
- Pack of tissues – Whether you’re blubbering over the first dance or fixing running makeup, tissues are a must-have in your bag. You never know when the bride’s four-year-old nephew is going to need to blow his nose, either! (Kleenex Pocket Pack, $2.39).
- Makeup refreshing spray – Sometimes the only thing your beauty look is missing is a little dewiness. Spritzes like Clinique’s Moisture Surge Face Spray ($21) are the easiest options for fixing caked up makeup and giving you that coveted glowing look (just don’t look better than the bride.)
We hope these summer wedding beauty essentials will carry you through your busy summer social calendar. Look out for more posts to come on summer wedding style essentials!