Are you one of those people who could forego dinner and skip right to the deliciousness that is dessert? Well, today is your day…kind of! Unfortunately I don’t have the ability to mail you a slice to taste but I can at least show you pictures. The Knot recently released their Top 7 wedding cake trends and we’re loving them! Move over cupcakes..the cakes are back in town!
- Buttercream Frosted – In my opinion I think this is a much tastier option compared to fondant!
- Haute Chocolate – Don’t be afraid to go a bolder frosting flavor like this! Who doesn’t like chocolate?!
- Playful lines/Two-Dimensional – Adds a bit of flair
- Dramatic Color - Think outside the traditional white cake box, you could even match it to your wedding colors!
- Cake Trios – Isn’t there a saying..good things always come in 3′s? Enough said!
- Global Patterns – I’m not saying you have to model your cake after the Italian flag but you can draw ideas from your family heritage. This cake was inspired by an old-world Spanish tile which represented the couple’s heritage.
- Sophisticated Monograms – Keep the design clean with a simple detail like your initials.
Are your taste buds and design ideas going crazy or what?!