Hosting this week’s sunday funday football party?! Actually, sunday funday isn’t just for football today! YAY ORIOLES baseball! Either way, cook up a batch of these Avocado Fries & Cilantro Lemon Dipping Sauce, YUM! My mouth is watering just writing this blog!
- Oil (for frying)
- 2 Avocados
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 and 1/3 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, lemon pepper, salt and cumin. Set it aside.
- Cut the avocados in half and then slice them vertically into 4 inch by 1 inch wedges. Set them aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil to 335 degrees Fahrenheit in a large frying pan, adding enough oil so that the oil is about 3 to four inches deep.
- Dredge the avocado slices in the breadcrumb mixture, then in the egg mixture, then in the breadcrumb mixture again.
- Place the slices in the hot oil and fry them for about 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove the slices with a slotted spoon or tongs, and set them on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- Allow the slices to dry for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a serving tray and serve them immediately with the Cilantro Lemon Dipping Sauce.
Cilantro Lemon Dipping Sauce
- 5 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Juice from 1/2 of Lemon
- Place the mayonnaise, cilantro, and lemon juice in a blender
- Mix until smooth and creamy in texture.