For this week’s edition of sunday funday I was on a quest for yet another fabulously bite-sized treat. Enter, the peanut butter stuffed….chocolate dipped…Bugle! First of all, I didn’t even know Bugles still existed, but I am glad they do! I made this little snack as the “special side” for our tailgate party yesterday but will most likely start to incorporate it into my dinner parties because it was so easy to make and hello…delicious. You can use these as a dessert (add it to ice cream!) or just a sweet addition to your appetizer table.
Recipe: Chocolate & Peanut Butter Bugles
- 1 (7.5 oz) bag of Bugles
- 9 oz of chocolate..use whatever chocolate you prefer, i used semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2+ Tbsp of milk
- In a large bowl combine your peanut butter and powdered sugar. Add milk 1 Tbsp at a time until it’s smooth. (I used 2 Tbsp)
- Beat until smooth.
- Using a piping bag or a ziplock with the edge snipped off pipe the peanut butter into the Bugle.
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute on 50% power, stir and repeat for 15 seconds until melted.
- Dip the peanut butter end of the Bugle into the melted chocolate and set on a wax paper lined baking sheet.
- When all are dipped put in freezer (the fridge also does the job) until set and ready to eat.