So you need an appetizer for Thanksgiving and you need one quick! Here is a cute idea that will take you 5 minutes!
Thanks to Kitchen Simplicity for this recipe!
Mini “Pumpkin” Cheese Balls
recipe adapted from Kraft Canada
- 1 (250g/8oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions
- paprika, or dusting
- Beat cream cheese, red peppers, garlic and cayenne until well blended. Stir in cheddar cheese. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and then coat in paprika. Make indents in the side of each one with a knife to make a pumpkin shape (refrigerate longer if needed before shaping with knife).
- Slice green onion into 1 inch pieces (green parts only). Slice each piece in half lengthwise. Roll each half back into a circular shape and stick into the top of the cheese ball. Refrigerate until serving.
Makes: 24 cheese balls (4-6 servings each, depending on the size of crackers)