If you are daring enough to sit outside this weekend (please don’t pass out) why not make yourself some sweet wine bottle citronella candles?! I have a knack for getting bug bites as soon as I walk out the door so I will certainly be trying out this DIY project soon! They are also a little nicer than the traditional tiki torches or regular candles…fun for any outdoor party! Thanks to the When Pigs Fly blog for sharing!
What you’ll need:
- 1 empty and cleaned wine bottle
- 1 Tiki Torch wick refill (thick)
- Tiki Torch citronella fuel
- 3/8″ metal washer (or adjust washer size if bottle opening is larger/smaller)
- Decorative glass rocks or beads of your choice (optional) *small enough to fit in bottle opening
What to do:
- Place decorative rocks/beads in bottle. The more you have, the less oil you will need to use.
- Feed wick through opening of washer, leaving about 1/4-inch sticking out.
- Pour oil into bottle using a funnel, enough to cover half of the wick. Feed longer side of wick into bottle. Light top wick and enjoy!