So far this has been a kid friendly week on the lemon peel! I was so sad to find out that the co-creator, Jan Berenstain died yesterday. Her and her late husband Stan are of course behind the amazing Berenstain Bear books which actually turned 50-years-old this year. I used to love these books.. well, I actually still do What a fun kids theme party this would be that the kids and parents could relate to and enjoy! I didn’t even know that the books have stayed with the times and more recently have published books about current issues like online privacy and childhood obesity… nice to know the books have grown with the times.
I didn’t find too many pictures online (which means this theme hasn’t been overdone.. good news!) but to get the creative juices flowing:
* Definitely decorate with the books. You could use them as a banner or even as a “table cloth”
* Favors could also include the books or pick a certain book to give out and have the favor be targeted with the theme of that book
* I wanted to live in a tree because brother and sister bear did. A mock- tree could be the center of your dessert table, or if you’re lucky enough to have a tree house out back, definitely decorate and use that.
* Brother and Sister bear are known for their adventures… so you could send the kids on a hunt in the backyard/park/etc with bookbags of course.
* Tons of options for cute invitations as well!